Fishing is a good activity to do whether as a hobby or a job. But it gets better when you are doing it using the right tools. One of the tools that you probably may need for this activity is a fish finder. Whereas the boat is on the move, the display of the fish finder in the pilot house will enable you to see where your eye sight cannot reach. You are able to see the size and the location of the fish below the sea.
If you want to maximize your fishing efficiency, then you should consider buying for yourself a Fishfinder. There are a number of brands on the market. Among the products on the market, is the Garmin echo 550c Fishfinder.
To Skip Straight to The Customer Reviews Click Here
- Sonar: It has two sonar options, the 6o degree and the 120 degree.
- The transducer: With the dual -beam transducer and a viewing angle of up to 120 degrees, you are able to view beyond your boat’s sides. The combination of this and the powerful sonar enables you to see up to a depth of 1900 ft in fresh water and 700ft in the salty water.
- Display: Has a 256 Colors display of size 5″ (2.9 by 4.0 inches). A resolution of 80 x 640 pixels. These display features enable you to unbelievably observe details on the bottom contours, structure and the fish. The screen displays the water temperature log and graph as measured by the temperature sensor included. The fish targets are identified by the fish symbol ID.
- Controls: It has a front panel, which includes 3 push buttons and a four-way cursor pad on its right. The main menu is accessed by simply touching the Menu key, cursor pad arrows used to make the selections, accepted and executed by pressing the enter key.
- Power, frequency and cables: The device transmits power of 500 watts with 20′ Cable.
- Alarm alerts: It includes audible alarms for battery voltage, fish and drift alarm, deep water and shallow.
With minimum push buttons, you will find almost all the functions, selections and controls of the device somewhere in a menu. The way pages display can be chosen either by pressing the cursor pad’s left or right arrow key or through a menu. You can choose to view the pages either in full screen, flasher, split zoom, split frequency, numbers or log.
In the box, comes a quick release mount with swivel and tilt; power cable; transducer with a mounting bracket trolling motor clamp and hardware; some documentation and the Garmin echo 550c Fishfinder itself. The product has a weight of about 1.1pounds with dimensions of 1.8 x 6 x 5.9 inches.
With the Garmin Smooth Scaling technology, the Garmin echo 550c Fishfinder boasts for its uninterrupted view of the sonar image. This implies that as the unit changes the depth ranges, you won’t be at a risk of losing your sonar history. It also provides you with the option of rewinding your sonar history just to make sure that you have not missed anything.
Mounting of the device is very simple and takes only a few moments. All the mounting elements are included in the box and directions included in the documentation.
- The product is easy to setup and use.
- Has a menu which is user friendly.
- Its screen display is bright enough to even see in bright sunlight.
- One of the users stated that it popped out of its holder and fell into choppy water.
Even though the manufacturing company Garmin claims that the Garmin echo 550c Fishfinder can be used to tell the depth of water, it is far better when used to only locate where the fish are clogging. The clues you obtain here will enable you to choose the presentation and baits that you will need to be using in the particular fishing situation.
Another customer who also obtained it and used it was pleased with its dual transducer, pixels, RMS and wattage including the price. Generally, most of the customers that have obtained it, give it and its manufactures a thumbs up.
With its high resolution and the combination of the powerful sonar transducer; video quality VGA color screen; and a HD-ID fish targeting technology by Garmin which is extra sensitive, the Garmin echo 550c Fishfinder could be the one you have been waiting for.
The vast majority of customer reviews have been highly positive which is great, however it is leaning towards the premium end of the market with regards to its price. If that’s not a great concern however, then rest assured you get what you paid for with this fishfinder.
The best price we were able to find for fish particular model was from Amazon, where they are also currently including free shipping on all orders.
Click Here To Purchase The Garmin Echo 550C Fishfinder With FREE Shipping!