When selecting a fish finder, quality and value are very important and that is where the Garmin Echo fish finder comes into play.
The device is packed with a lot of breakthrough features while maintaining a very light weight at the same time. The device is ideal for small and mid sized fishing boats and its small size means that it won’t take extra space on the boat. The device uses Garmin’s state of the art fish tracking technology which makes fish finding easier than ever.
The fish finder comes in a pack containing the fish finder, a tilt and swivel mount, the power cables, a transducer and a booklet containing instructions of use. The device is pocket friendly and is ideal for fishermen on tight budgets. In this Garmin echo 100 fish finder review, we take a look at some of the product features, the pros and cons and some customer testimonials as regards the fish finder.
Click Here To Jump Straight to The Customer Reviews
Features of the Garmin Echo 100 Fish Finder
- 4 inch display size
- 8-level gray scale
- 600 feet maximum depth performance
- Garmin HD-ID technology for excellent fish arc presentation.
- Transmitter power of 100W.
- Beam width of up to 60 degrees
- Fast screen updates.
- Audible alarms
- Auto gain technology which minimizes clutter and maximizes the targets.
- Water temperature sensor etc.
The Garmin Echo 100 fish finder comes with a transducer along with the mounting bracket, the hardware and a trolling motor camp. The transducer has a frequency of 200 KHz and a cone angle of 60 degrees. The transducer is very powerful and will greatly help you to determine the temperature and depths of the waters you are fishing in.
The device has a 4 inch display with an 8 level grey scale and has a screen resolution of 160 X 256 pixels. The device also has a 2 dimensional imaging. According to the manufacturers, the device offers enhanced separation and definition of images and the device lives up to the manufacturer’s claim as the display is clear and very good. The display size of 2.38 inches X 3.21 inches is also relatively big enough.
The Garmin Echo 100 fish finder uses up to 100 watts of sonar power making it one of the most powerful low budget fish finders on the market. In terms of voltage, the device ranges between 10V-20V. The transmitter has a capacity of 100W (RMS)/ 800W (peak to peak). The device also comes with a power cable and has a sonar frequency of 200 KHz.
The device features a compact design which makes it ideal for even small boats and being small and easy to mount makes it quite portable. It has a quick release tilt mount which makes assemble and dissembling very easy. The device is also very small and very portable thus saving you a lot of space on the boat.
Ease of use
The fish finder is also very easy to use and comes with a manual to guide buyers on how to use the device.
Pros of the Garmin Echo 100 Fish Finder
- The device is user friendly and relatively easy to use by both amateur fishermen and experienced fishermen.
- Performs well. The manufacturers claim that the device performs efficiently without any major glitches and going by consumer reviews about the product, most users have been satisfied with its performance.
- Good value for money. The marvelous features coupled with the budget friendly price make the product very good value for money.
- The device has a very high on screen resolution of 160 X 265 pixels which leads to the display of crisp clear images.
- According to the manufacturer, the device saves valuable space and true to that, the small size of the fish finder means that a lot of valuable space will be saved on the boat.
- No dual beam.
- Does not display the water speed.
- Battery voltage is not directly displayed on the unit.
Some of the testimonials we found who had purchased the Garmin Echo 100 claim that it’s a “good buy and is very happy and contented with the fish finder“. According to one customer, the device “does what it says” and gives it a rating of 4 out of 5.
Another customer gave the fish finder a five star rating and says that “the device works perfectly”.
The Garmin echo 100 fish finder is one of the best fish finders for those on a tight budget and just like the manufacturer claims, the device works perfectly and most people who have used it before have given it positive reviews. If you are thinking of purchasing this Fish Finder, we recommend you look at Amazon, as that was the lowest price we were able to attain online. They are currently selling it for $79.99.
Click Here To Find The Best Price for The Garmin Echo 100 Fishfinder